Who receives my complaint?
The councils work with the Health Care Complaints Commission to assess your complaint and decide which agency should handle it.

How do I make a complaint?

You can make a complaint using our online complaints form (link to page) or by downloading and completing the following from which you can send to us via email or by post.

Who can I complain about?

You can make a complaint about a registered health practitioner or registered student in NSW.

Who can I complain to?

There are different organisations involved in managing complaints about health practitioners or students. The Health Professional Councils Authority (HPCA) is the right place to make a complaint if you are concerned about a health practitioner in NSW behaving in a way...

Lodging a complaint

You can make a complaint to us or to the Health Care Complaints Commission. You need to make your complaint in writing. You can make a complaint using our online complaints form or by downloading a PDF version and completing complaints from which you can send to us by...

Complaint assessment

We manage complaints through our heath, performance or conduct pathway, depending on the issue.

Performance Pathway

Provides a summary the Medical Council's Performance Program.
Hearing member resources
Resources required by Council and Hearing Members.
Health pathway
The Council's Health Program supports doctors whose health is impaired, with the ultimate goal they return to full health. While they are recovering, conditions may be placed on their registration. These conditions may limit the type of work they do. Other conditions...
Conduct pathway
Some complaints about doctors will be referred to the Medical Council's conduct program. This program manages matters of unsatisfactory professional conduct, and may result in the imposition of conditions or suspension of a practitioner's registration. It may also lead...